Saturday, August 08, 2009

All partied out

'All partied out' used to mean I'd been out dancing too late. These days it means that after running a party for eight four-year-olds for two hours, I'm absolutely exhausted! And that was with the brilliant help of my husband. What a great team.

I don't think the following pictures need any explanation. The end result was a very happy four year old, which is what makes all that hard work worthwhile (and I have a whole new appreciation of what my mum did for me all those years ago!).I made the party bags. They're from the Prints Charming Rainbow Garden range. Pink for girls and blue for boys. I don't usually go in for the whole colour stereotyping thing, but the fabrics were so gorgeous I actually didn't mind too much!

I'll blog a tutorial once I get some sleep. Carl, Tristan and I have all come down with the cold Romily brought home with her last week. We're stuffed! I'm looking forward to some warmer weather and fewer viruses!

6 comments:

Joyce said...

I used to dread birthday parties and June was the worst with two birthdays. My daughter always has a cake smash... Lol. The kids love it but they have to have it at the beach or have a garden hose handy.

Helen said...

Love that cake Lily!!! Yum! And the bags look great, well done. Looks like the party girl had a great time. :)

Natalie said...

Looks like a wonderful party, the cake looks amazing and the party bags are fantastic!

Bec Clarke said...

Great job on the birthday party, I have made notes on all the good things that you made for my future ones coming up. Love the cake.
BTW mum didn't make the cubby house she had it made lol...

Cathy said...

your party looked like so much fun and so are the lovely lolly bags.

They grow up so fast don't they? My eldest just turned 16 last week. Where have the years gone?

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Oh, I have made that cake, i think it was my girl's 5th..and i think that was the year I made fabric party bags as well!! The things we do!
I love the idea that she will remeber I took the time...hopefully in her teens! Tracey