Monday, June 22, 2009

Groovy pants for a groovy chick

In a last-ditch crafting frenzy before downing tools to study for my exam on Thursday, I finally cut into the lovely cord fabric I've had in my dressmaking stash that I posted about here. I made some 'Katri' pants from Ottobre 1/2009 (#13) for Romily. She doesn't have many warm pants for Playschool, so I thought these would do the trick. They were easy to make, apart from all the fiddling about with 28 pintucks around the pants leg bottoms!She likes them a lot and thanked me for making them for her. She also told all the teachers at Playschool that her mum made them for her. God love her! It's nice to have an appreciative model :)
(Note the fog! It was the foggiest day we've had in Canberra this year to date.)

So now it's time work through my notes from the past semester and do lots of handwriting to get my hand and arm muscles used to the idea of holding a pen again. The exam goes for three hours - ouch! We have four questions to answer out of six, so it will be a word frenzy! I will be glad when 5pm Thursday rolls around and I am free! Well. For a few weeks at least :)

++++++++++++++++++

And, if you're a fan of Oliver + S patterns, head on over to Novy's blog for a giveaway.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

The pants are just gorgeous! I love the fabric and think that the pin tucks really set it all of nicely. Isn't such a wonderful feeling when they love the fact that you made it too.

Doodlebug Gail said...

What cute pants and even cuter little kids! Good luck for your exam - honestly, I don't know how you're managing to do everything you do!

Louise said...

Oh very nice! I wish I'd seen that particular fabric at SL, they only had the pink when I went. She does look very pleased with them :)

dutchcomfort said...

Lovely pants for a lovely girl!! She’s a wonderful model!

Good luck with the exams... ohhhh I guess you’ve had them already today..!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope the exam went well!! I am glad my post grad days are behind me:) Love the pants - what pretty cord and an even prettier model.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Good luck!
Love the pants..and yuou are right, nothing like an appreciative recipient! Love "Bloomin lovely", came out beautifully, Tracey