Monday, November 26, 2007

Groovy Lunch Bag

Don't fall over from shock - two posts in one day from me!

Had to post a couple of quick photos of my new and groovy lunch bag. I was heartily sick of taking my lunch to work in a daggy old (and non-recyclable) supermarket plastic bag. So, using the Flea Market Bag pattern I picked up a while back, I used some thermal-lined curtain fabric I found at Spotlight and whipped this up over the weekend. (sorry about the average photos and flash blast...not enough hours in the day!)

It was also a practice run for a reversible bag I'm making for my SIL for Christmas, from this and this lovely Denyse Schmidt fabric I picked up on sale from Quilt Fabric Delights.


I'll definitely put a base in the one I make for Jacinta, as the one I made is a bit floppy - perfect for a lunch bag though :)

12 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Some lovely bag. Such a pity I have my workspace at home, so I don’t have to take my lunch in a bag...

Helen said...

Very hip Lily! Love it!

Joyce said...

Nothing makes a lunch taste better than a great bag!

Clare said...

It's amazing how the 60/70's fabrics are coming back. I've got some in the bottom of my stash box. Alex has decided she wants "portable" cases made out of some of it.

Gorgeous gorgeous bag and isn't Romily clever!

Doodlebug Gail said...

That is gorgeous! Bet you get lots of admiring comments from that at work.

Chookyblue...... said...

great bag....like the colours......and Romily is growing up quickly........

Unknown said...

You have a new fan Lily - DD1 told me to tell you she loves your new lunch bag! I think it's lovely too

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous bag - how stylish to take your lunch in. I love Romily's photos - she is indeed a very clever little one.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Found your blog thru Tonya's today, wow, I love it!

I'll be back, love the teapot piece, I'm just going to have to try to be more flexible!

Cathy said...

Great idea - looks fabulous - and I agree so much better than the supermarket bag.

Cher said...

fun bag! much nicer than a ratty old plastic bag anyday....

Sandy's Quilter's Block said...

Love the bag and the fabric you used. Very nice.