Thursday, April 13, 2006

Happy Easter!

Does one say Happy Easter? I do! I'm not religious, so for me it's another time of the year, like Christmas, to focus on family and those close to you. I'm really looking forward to spending four days with my beautiful husband - we haven't seen a lot of each other lately - I wonder why?

We're heading off to spend Easter with his Dad, who hasn't seen Romily since Christmas. He'll be surprised at how much she's grown and how noisy she is!! Then I'll be off the radar for another week, as I'm continuing down the highway with Romily to spend a week with my parents and catch up with my brothers, sister-in-law, nephews, and other friends and family. My twin nephews, who are four weeks younger than Romy, are being Christened while we're down in Melbourne, so it'll be a big family trip for us. I wonder how my husband will go with a quiet house for a week? It's been so long since he was here on his own :) I think he'll enjoy the solitude for the first few days, but I think he'll be missing us, and particularly Romy, after that. Well he'd better be!

----------

Given our track record with unreliable tradesmen and contractors, I don't know why I was surprised yesterday when our landscapers failed to arrive. Not on time, but at all! We didn't hear from them all day. A knock on the door this morning brought an apology and news that they'd be starting the day after we get back from our trip. I was secretly pleased that they're not here today, as I have soooooo much packing to do!

Speaking of which, I had better get cracking.

So, all that's left to say is HAPPY EASTER!! I'll be back in late April and I hope in the meantime you are spending some happy time with loved ones.

I'll leave you with a photo of our very bright young daughter - see, she already knows how to use a computer!!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Happy Easter to you and your whole family. Have a safe and joyous trip!

Heather B said...

I bet in no time Romy will have her own blog up and running :)

Hope you have a good holiday!