Monday, March 06, 2006

With teeth comes babble

Despite my crappy day (see below), I am totally charmed by my little cherub. She has begun anew with the baby talk and it is just so gorgeous. It sounds as though she truly thinks she's having a conversation with us, chatting away about this and that.

It's all ga ga ya ya ya. We see little flashes of the toothiepegs between gabbling and I think that because she's working her jaw up and down getting used to the teeth, it's changing the way she 'talks'. It's just lovely to hear and I 'talk' back to her all the time, repeating her 'words'.

I am very much looking forward to the day she says 'mum'. I know it probably won't be for a while, but it will just make my heart sing! I do love being Romily's mummy.

1 comment:

Heather B said...

My cousin's baby is just over 10 months and he is babbling like crazy.

When I hold him I just repeat "Mommy" "Mommy" "Aunt Heather"

Needless to say, he looks at me like I am crazy.