Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Quilt pox diagnosed

I booked myself into a Beginners Patchwork class! It starts in May and runs for eight weeks. The lovely folk at Rosemont are running it and we'll make a sampler quilt (a section of which you can see here).

I'm really looking foward to it - I've been totally inspired by books and magazines, not to mention all of the amazing quilty blogs around the net. I'm thinking I'll choose a range of oriental/Japanese style fabrics for the blocks and maybe a black or dark green fabric for the borders and sashes. I bought a gorgeous Japanese-style card for my husband on Valentine's Day and I think I'll take my cue from that. It'll be great, because I can incorporate some applique hearts into the quilt, which will tie in with the heart cushion I'm making for Romily. This is good, as the quilt will be for her cot!

So, according to Sandra, I now officially have Quilt Pox! Ah well, I'm sure I can live with it :)

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I tried quilting once, but wasn't much good at it. Oddly enough I found out I wasn't that good at knitting either. I guess I'm no Martha Stewart!

Laura said...

Oh Lily, you are going to have so much fun! Your fabric choices sound gorgeous. Once you get started quilting the ideas are endless and you feel you have to explore them all, have fun!

Finn said...

Hi Lily, thanks for stopping over at Pieces, and a big welcome HUG for wanting to join us quilters..*VBS* I hope you will like it. The nice thing is you can do as much or as little as you choose. Across our web rings there are soooo many levels of quilt piecing and quilting going on. Darilyn at Tropical Screamer choose to hand piece only..which amazes me..*S*
Curious?? Did you come across dakota gal at quilt.com?? I do hope she found a place to get her "askings" met..I felt bad, but didn't think my blog was the place for her to request stuff be given to her..especially not with me doing the asking..you know?? *S*

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog.

I've never tried quilting one day though. good luck with yours.