Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Mmmm yum rice cereal...

It's sad but exciting at the same time. Our little girl is not a baby anymore and is growing up - we started her on her first 'solids' on the weekend: El blando rice cereal mixed with a little breast milk - hmmm, that doesn't sound very appetising to me. (Heaven knows why they call that slop 'solid'!)

It went surprisingly well! I was lead to believe that there would be food everywhere, but no! She ate most of it up and only a little was squeezed back out between her lips when attempting to get the food over the back of her tongue! I think the mess starts when they try to feed themselves!

By day two I got a little overexcited and I think I gave her a bit much. She was opening her mouth wide for me, so I kept shovelling it in (in very small amounts). But I read later you should only give them 1/2 to 1 teaspoon, and I probably gave her 3 or 4 teaspoons! We paid for it later - she had terrible trouble getting off to sleep that night and then didn't poo for a whole day. Whoops.

However, she now seems to be right, with her body sorting itself out and me giving her a little less! If all continues well, we'll try some sweet potato next week.

No comments: